Wednesday, August 8, 2012

38 of the last 72 hours...

...were spent on a bus! On Sunday dad and I took a bus out of Buenos Aires at 1:30 PM headed to Puerto Iguazu to see the falls. In the first 19 hours of our trip, we had quite the experience. The first three hours went really well, other than the fact that the seats were not as comfortable as we had imagined. That we could deal with. Then some lady come down the aisles of the rocking bus with two cups of coffee. Of which, 85% splashed all over me and the guy sitting across the aisle and also made a HUGE mess on the floor and the aisle. All the lady could say was "Cafe caliente!" which means "Hot coffee!" Oh and believe me it was hot! Therefore, I had coffee on my pants and I could no longer keep my backpack on the floor, so that joined us in our seat for the rest of our journey because it was too big to put above the seat. Then that baby that was sitting behind us that we thought was being so cooperative, started fusing. Needless to say it was a really long bus ride! Dad even wrote a very funny song to describe our experience, but now I do not remember most of it :(

We arrived at the bus terminal in Puerto Iguazu at 8:30 AM on Monday and then bought our bus tickets to the National Park! IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL! The weather was so much hotter than the time I was there before! It was about 86 F and so warm! I loved it, although I'm not exactly sure I'm ready to come home to such hot weather :/ We had a great and peaceful day walking around the waterfalls. It was awesome father/daughter time! When we got La Garganta del Diablo, we got soaked with the backspray from the water hitting the bottom...IT WAS AWESOME! When we got out of the big spray and into the mist, it was perfect and felt really good in that hot sun. After spending our day there, we caught the bus to our hotel and hung out by the pool. It was just such a relaxing time (after our very stressful bus ride).
First view of the falls on Upper Trail :)

Under the fall! So AWESOME!

La Garganta del Diablo (soaking wet)
On Tuesday we woke up and walked to Hito Tres Fronteras. This is the point where you can see the three borders of Argentina, Brazil and Paraguay. We relaxed there for a couple hours before we had to go grab lunch and then head to the bus!



The Three Border countries
Our 19 hour bus ride back was actually a lot better, other than the fact that the chairs did not recline as much as the first bus. This was totally okay with me though because there was hardly anyone else on the bus so I had a whole row to sprawl out and relax. I actually slept really good! Expect for a few kinks...First, within the first part of my nap (the part where you just start sleeping really good), some official came onto our bus, woke me up and asked me to show my passport. I was not in a very good mood and then I went to ask dad what was going on. That is when I figured out that I was the only one person that he checked for a passport with. Then I was wide awake and dad and I sat in the front of the bus taking in the scenery. We saw a ton of country!

We got to Buenos Aires this morning around 10:00 AM and then headed straight to our hotel. We arrived just in time for breakfast. That was just what I needed to start my day! After that we packed up our bags, so dad could take my stuff back with him. Then this afternoon, dad took a taxi to the airport to try and get on a plane tonight, because tonight looks like his best shot. I guess if he doesn't make it, he will be back to the hotel later tonight. Only time will tell.

I was going to go get some of that 'BEST ice cream EVER', but the Subte workers have been on strike for five days now and getting there would have been a pain. There are taxis, but now due to the strike prices are ridiculous and not to mention traffic is nuts! So after I said goodbye to dad, I walked to the bank. There was a guy in there that was literally yelling and hitting the ATM. It was quite the scene. I was a little freaked out, so I got my money and got out of there ASAP! Then I came back to the hotel and ordered pizza. It was actually the best pizza I've had since I've been here! Since then I have been organizing my stuff and getting ready to return home. It is all very bittersweet. I am excited to go home, but not excited to leave South America.

Tomorrow afternoon I am going to see Pupi one last time before I take the taxi to the airport. It will be so good to see her. I really have missed her!

I hope you all have enjoyed reading my blog about my summer. It has been some of the most wonderful three months of my life! See you all north of the Equator!

P.S. There will be more posts to come!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment